CLUB RULES AND REGULATIONS
Welcome to Tripoli Mid-Ohio (TMO), Prefecture #31. We are glad that you are here and desire to fly with us. There are some items that you need to be aware of before you head out to the pads. Please read the below VERY carefully and contact any of the TMO Board Members for questions or clarification on any issues that you may have. Also note that these rules and regulations are specific to Tripoli Mid-Ohio and are in addition to the Safe Practices and Launch Guidelines set forth by the Tripoli Rocketry Association.
- You must be either NAR or TRA certified to fly HPR: any motor “H Class” or larger. You must fly within your certification level, unless you are attempting a certification flight.
- If you are going to fly HPR, you must present a current NAR or TRA membership card to the registrar when paying daily launch fees:
a.) Launch fees are $15/day or $25/week end for HPR; and $5/day for LPR. There are NO refunds for any launches cancelled for any reason
b.) You must sign & date the TRA "Launch Liability Waiver Form" in order to fly with us.
c.) Children under the age of 18 do not pay launch fees, as long as they are not flying HPR.
d.) Children under the age of 18 that are certified as “Tripoli Junior Members” must pay the daily launch fees if they are going to fly HPR.
- If you are a member of a local school, college, or university, TMO will make special arrangements for membership so that all of the team members can access the pads. Please contact the TMO BoD BEFORE you show up at the launch. We get enough surprises on a launch week end with trying to coordinate a group effort.
- The speed limit on the access road is 5 miles per hour. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are observed speeding or otherwise behaving badly on your drive to the field, you will be asked to leave and not return.
- DO NOT drive or park in any of the crop fields. PERIOD. The landowner has been gracious enough to allow us to fly on his property and he is seriously concerned about soil compaction. If you are observed in violation of this rule, you will be asked to leave and not return.
- Do not litter and take your trash with you. If you need a trash bag, check with the OAMC BoD members.
- Respect the other flyers, their personal property, and our land owner’s property.
- No dogs or other pets are permitted at the launch site, with the exception of certified service animals. Service animals must be on a leash at all times and are not permitted across the bridge. Animal owners are responsible for cleaning up all solid ‘droppings’.